Asked by May 23, 2017 at 02:07 PM about the 1971 Ford F-100

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

I'm looking for a cross over pipe for the exhaust system in
my 1971 Ford F100. It's a v8 302 Windsor engine.

5 Answers


Have a muffler shop make one.


Are you talking about the pipe that goes from head to head and has the check valve in it? If you are and can't find any then you can use metal head plugs and drive them in and eliminate that system. But if your looking for the one that goes from header pipe to header pipe then what F-O-R stated an exhaust shop is your best bet, although Fords really didn't need it to make the exhaust sound good unlike Chevy's, Dodges..

Thanks- the previous owner hacked it up and took it from a single exhaust to a double- putting a cherry bomb on one side and a muffler directly under the cab- so no tail pipe. Which is a problem. My mechanic says that we need this cross over pipe which seems incredibly hard to find- he can get all the other parts made but this.


I would take it to an exhaust shop and have the system done right, that should eliminate any problems.

Thanks everyone!

Your Answer


Looking for a Used F-100 in your area?

CarGurus has 147 nationwide F-100 listings and the tools to find you a great deal.


Ford F-100 Experts

  • #1
  • #2
  • #3
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Ford F-250
427 listings starting at $2,500
Used Ford Mustang
341 Great Deals out of 42,379 listings starting at $1,488
Used Chevrolet C/K 10
308 listings
Used Ford Bronco
208 listings
Used Chevrolet Camaro
398 Great Deals out of 31,486 listings starting at $3,495

Used Cars For Sale

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.