My 1971 Ford F100 has been stored for a year and today when I tried to start it all I got was a "clicking sound. I replace the solenoid but it would not kick the starter in. Any ideas??

Asked by primitivepete Sep 02, 2013 at 03:23 PM about the 1971 Ford F-100

I think it has to original voltage regulator.  I is not getting "juice" to the starter---at least I
couldn't hear any sounds like it was trying to engage.  It has 83000 actual miles ( my Dad
bought it new in 1971).  The engine is a 302 V-8.  I would like to get it out and drive it this
fall if I can get it running.
I would appreciate any suggestions

...well of coarse a brand NEW battery...then wirebrush the ground connection at the end of the black/chassis connection~...check fuel and spark~

161,215

I agree with the judge. It sounds like a battery issue or connection issue. All must be clean and tight. Also check the negative connections on the frame and motor.