Ford

Asked by Feb 23, 2016 at 09:41 PM about the 1969 Ford F-100

So my truck runs cold but after it runs for a bit it
just dies like it's not getting gas I've replaced the
carb,points,plugs,wires,cap,rotor,fuel pump and
line and filter,ignition, I'm lost timeings on points
are on and I got spark and fuel

100,345

Did you replace the condenser? Also check for breaker plate wobble, as this can change the dwell as it is running, sometimes enough to make it die.

Yes got a new condenser to would the coil make something like that happen

100,345

Usually when a coil goes it's goes, none of this work one time and not the next. I'm still suspicious of the condenser and breaker plate. There is one other thing that I remembered about these older Fords is if the fuel tank vent isn't working properly it can cause you to run out of fuel after a period of time cause the fuel pump cannot overcome the vacuum in the tank, so that might also be worth looking at.

If the breaker plate had wobbles and killed it wouldn't it start back up? When mine dies I've gotta let it sit a bit before it will fire again

100,345

Yes it would, that still sounds like a condenser. Have you tried running with the fuel cap off?

No but I'm gonna get back to ya

I have this same issue. Have u figured any thing out?

Ya it ended up being something in the tank even though it looked perfect that's w it was