WHAT AM I MISSING TRUCK WON'T START

Asked by Oct 12, 2015 at 01:25 AM about the 1969 Ford F-100

REPLACED EVERYTHING EXCEPT INGITION SWITCH,  HAVEN'T TIMED IT YET.  IT GETTING FIRE.   HAS NO POINTS     I TURN THE IGNITION SWITCH IT ACTS LIKE IT WANTS TO START BUT DOESN'T.  AS THE SWITCH IS TURNED OFF IT'S LIKE IT WAS JUST STARTING AND TURNED OFF BUT AGAIN THIS IS ONLY AS THE TRUCK SWITCH IS TURNED OFF I HEAR THIS.     ANY ONE KNOW WHATS GOING ON?   ? NEW SWITCH   TIMING?

85

what did you do that you need to time it?

nothing I don't really think it's the timing. but I think the timing chain is original to the truck I'm thinking maybe the coil or distributor really not sure. going to replace those two items and the ignition switch and see what happens

just looked at distributor found a broken wire that was detected until trying to take distributor out. Went ahead and replaced distributor anyway starts right up thanks everyone for at least looking to help. knew it had to be something small.

Can someone happy me plz?

i have a 1979 ford f100 custom s 6 motor 300 any know where to hook up the neutral safety switch under the hood i need to know where the plug in to the wiring harness thanks my e mail k87722@hotmail.com