My right exhaust manifold leaks a little exhaust from in between the manifold and the head. Is my manifold warped or is the gasket bad?

Asked by May 06, 2015 at 04:04 PM about the 1969 Ford F-100

I noticed some exhaust leakage coming from the rear of the passenger side coming from in between the exhaust manifold and the head. I think it is the gasket, but some guy looked at it for two minutes and said my manifold needed to be shaved or something. I have a 1969 Ford F-100 with the Ranger package, all original, sporting a 360 and C6 automatic, no power steering/brakes, 3.50 trac lock rear end and longbed.

7,615

Cast iron exhaust manifolds can warp but it's usually the gasket that's shot. And besides you can't visually see if it's warped while it's on the truck.

49,345

That engine has a history of warped exhaust manifolds. Sometimes a machine shop can mill the flange side and make it true again. This will stop the leak. Or you may have to find a replacement manifold to stop the leak.