What can I do about a brake bleeder thats stripped off on the front, passanger side? I can't get on it with a socket, wrench or viscript. Any ideas would be of assitance. THANKS!!

1,185

Asked by Apr 04, 2012 at 11:03 AM about the 1967 Ford F-100

Didn't do the right thing. I didn't take the grease zerk off and take the bolt for the grease chamber off to get onto the bleeder right away and ended up stripping it off. Can't get on it with anything. Need help. Please.

6,355

One of two options drill it and easy out or replace the caliper. Sorry for the bad news.

6,355

Easy, get a new wheel cylinder they are inexpensive and easy to replace. Be careful when removing the brake line, may add a small amount of heat to the back of the cylinder, but not too much that you end up boiling the brake fluid.

1,185

I need one of those for the rear passanger. But the brake bleeder is stripped. I'm trying to bleed the brakes on it. But the bleeder is stripped. How can I get it off?

6,355

ok. what engine do you have and is it 4 wd or 2wd,m I will get you the part number for the wheel cylinder. Recommend you have the replacement part before removing the line.

1,185

Its a 300 six cylinder, two wheel drive. And I'm not removing the line....

6,355

Then you WILL have to try to drill out the bleeder and use an easy out if you cant get a hold of it with vice grips.

1,185

Ok. Can you explain to me how that is done? I've never had to drill anything out before.

6,355

AutoZone part number for the passenger rear is 33628 and it is 10 bucks. Good luck.

6,355

If you have never drilled anything out wouldn't recommend you do so. It is one of those deals if you mess up you will have to replace the wheel cylinder anyways.