I have a 1958 f100 it will start and drive but after so long it will die i have to wait and it will start again but if i pump the gas it will start but not for long what could my issue be

Asked by May 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM about the 1958 Ford F-100

104,375

Sounds like the typical fuel pump problem but you also could have crud floating around in the fuel tank. Have you checked the fuel filter for excessive junk?

71,805

Might be vapor lock. If the fuel gets hot enough it will basically boil away before it gets to the carburetor. Make sure your fuel lines are routed correctly. Make sure the fuel lines are away from the hot exhaust manifold(s) as well. HTH. -Jim

8,915

I would start with the fuel filter. Install a transparent in line filter so you can see what is collecting in there. If there is a lot of muck, then you know you need to flush the lines and maybe have the tank cleaned. Also, how old is the gas? If it is old, and you did not use stabilizer, it will gum up the works to a nicety.

10

I had the same problem on a 61 dodge 1/2 ton, the inner gas line was colapsing, I replaced all rubber gas lines with new ones and it fixed the problem. Ed.