tow hitch

Asked by Jul 07, 2015 at 09:30 PM about the 1972 Ford LTD

where do I get a tow hitch for a 1972 LTD

1,535

Old vehicle. Try JC Witney.

22,525

uhaul..

232,315

You'll have to buy a generic/custom hitch as no manufacturer makes a specific one to fit your vehicle.

Best Answer
22,525

like i said....heres 2ways > http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Trailer-Hitches/1972-Ford-LTD------- -----------------RWD?vehicleId=4572&ship OR, for a universal one >https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Specialty_Trailer_Hitches-sf- RV_Hitch.aspx

4,995

Try Reese trailer hitch web site. I got one for my 65 T-Bird there about 4-5 years ago.

6,395

Ok, I know this is an older post but for anyone else with a similar question or a similar year car, If you live near Phoenix, Arizona. go to the U-Haul national website. If they don't have a trailer hitch for your car, their R&D dept at their corporate location in Phoenix will custom build you one and install it on your car all for free but you have to bring your car to them at their Phoenix, Az. location and check their website online first. I inquired online for one for my '69 LTD Country Squire. They emailed me and said that the could build me one and install it on my car for free if I brought my car in to them but I live in Chicago so driving to Arizona for a free hitch was not feasible for me but if you don't live too far away from there, it's worth the trip for a free hitch. Otherwise any place that does welding should be able to build you one for a couple hundred dollars or less depending on what class hitch or receiver that you need on your car. I needed a class III receiver hitch. Good Luck. Kenny/MrBlueOval