How do you take out the rear seat in ford LTD convertible 1972?

Asked by Oct 17, 2013 at 01:26 PM about the 1972 Ford LTD

I need to take out the soffa

90,945

There are 2 holders welded into the body, 1 on each side, so shove in and lift, once on the drivers side and once on the passenger side, it will take some muscle and might take 2 or 3 tries to get it but once you get it out then you can see how it is attached, then the seat back is held in place by 2 bolts one on each side, unbolt them and then lift straight up and the back comes out, really quite easy once you have done a few.

1,305

The two holders Tennisshoes mentions are on the floor of the car, and are centred at the edge of each back footwell at the front of the seat cushion. Push in, fairly hard, on each one, and you will feel the clip disengage from the catch on the seat. Lift up on the front of the cushion once the clips have released, then pull the cushion towards you. Once that is out of the way, the bolts holding the seat back in place will be easily visible.

Thanks tennisshoes and Mike, now I managed to take out the seat! Peter

1,305

Putting the seat cushion back in can be a bit tricky. You have to push in on the bottom of the cushion and then down on the top of it, then release at the right time for the bar to catch. Once you've done it once it is simple, but you need to get a feel for it.