I have a 1967 Ford Galaxie/LTD and cannot find a pair of rear wheel wells anywhere. Does anyone have a link to an actual parts site or fabricator who can or will make these parts? Dearborn is out.

Asked by Oct 25, 2013 at 03:36 PM about the 1967 Ford LTD

1967 Galaxie/LTD wheel wells impossible to find.  Does anyone or has anyone been able to find these parts?  I have searched numerous parts sites like Dearborn, AutoKrafters, etc... Fabrication seems my only option, but that is difficult as well.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Dennis

Try "www.Hemmings.com" online. Hemming Motor News out of Vermont has advertisers for all different old auto parts including sheet metal. Don't forget to look thru the sales or swap meet sections for just maybe someone has a set they are selling.

You could also try "www.theHAMB.com" or "www.TheFordBarn.com" or "www.JalopyJournal.com" as well.

OK, I hope you're actually looking for the actually wheel wells. I will assume that they are rotted away. I checked my partsbook and came up with some Ford part numbers. These were actually in 2 pieces for each side. The part numbers are rt. inner C5AZ-6227886-A , rt outer C7AZ-6227894-A, left inner C5AZ-6227887-A, and left outer is C7AZ-6227895-A. I ran those numbers thru my national locator and I came up with nothing anywhere. I did however come up with a C6AZ 6227894-A and 95-A outers which actually fits a 66 but you might be able to make it fit with some minor modifications as the '66 Galaxies are very simiar to the 1965 The inners are not to be found anywhere. You could also try dvap.com aka:Desert Valley AutoParts for rustfree used ones. They could cut them out of a rustfree junkyard car. Also try junkyarddog.com to search all nationwide junkyards for those parts. Good Luck, Kenny/ MrBlueOval..

OOPS, I forgot to tell you where I found the '66 pieces. NOS LTD showed that they had them in stock. But you can check Partsvoice.com or rearcounter.com on the web and just type in your ford part numbers for a search. The C6AZ numbers should show up. You can also just type in those part numbers on a Yahoo search and it will pull up whoever shows that they have it. BTW, This will work for any part number for future part searches. Kenny/MrBlueOval. Hope this helps.