2004 Mitsubishi magna parker lights not working

Asked by Aug 24, 2013 at 09:01 PM about the 2004 Mitsubishi Magna

I recently put a new stereo in my 2004 magna there was 1 wire left that i was unsure about so I belled it out and it was the positive for the led's for the aircon so I connected it to a common 24v+. I turned the ignition on and the stereo was pulsing then there was smoke coming up through the ignition so I tuned it off and disconnected that wire. And all working fine except I now have no working parker lights, the fuse has blown, I replaced it and blew instantly, I unplugged all the parker lights and blew again, I think it has something to do with the smoke but I haven’t got a clue on where to start, any help would be much appreciated.

101,655

Good luck with this one. You will have to identify which wires burnt up. Then repair or replace them. Sounds like one is shorted to ground now. Look behind dash where you saw the smoke coming from. Use caution not to short anything else out. A small inspection mirror will be of great help looking under the dash.

5,615

sounds like ya melted a couple wires together and now its shorting out