Im replacing the gearbox in a 2000 Magna

35

Asked by Jul 24, 2013 at 03:18 AM about the 2000 Mitsubishi Magna

Im replacing the gearbox in a 2000 Magna  and cant seem to get the actual gearbox
out??? Question is have i missed a bolt somewhere or are these gearboxes have a  trick
to removing themselves because when i went to get the gearbox from the wreckers yard it
came straight out.But the one i wanna replace is being a big trouble to remove. Anything
would greatly help me!!!!

5,615

you mean the gear box that the shifter sits in ?

35

No the actual gearbox in the engine bay. Connecting to the engine. All botls are off but the gearbox isnt pulling out or budging from its spot gets about 5mm off around the the thing and doesnt bugde. I wanna know if I've missed a bolt or something.

You're not alone Daniel, I couldn't find anything either, except at: https://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/owners-site/service-schedule.do .....that is a Mitsubishi owners website that has all kinds of information, including service records, service manuals, how~to videos on repair, and more... but it wouldn't let me in without a VIN# and registered owners name. Try creating an account there Wozza.

OR: http://www.mitsubishi.com/support

35

Thanks a lot guys ill check them sites out

5,615

how did my post get deleted ???

25

Insert a flat blade screwdriver in both top and bottom access holes in the clutch housing, between the release bearing and the diaphragm spring. Simultaneously turn both screwdrivers through 90 to disengage the release bearing.