Air Conditioning failure - green on/off light flahes green and a/c stops cooling -

120

Asked by Apr 02, 2012 at 04:14 AM about the 1999 Mitsubishi Magna

Really cold when functioning correctly. Pushing the on/off button several times restores cooling and then may run for hours or several minutes.
The system has been diagnosed and many parts replaced by Mitsubishi service department but continues to fail - has been ongoing for over 12 months.

80

Could u list some of the parts that have been replaced. it sounds like the switch has gone or possibly got a bit of corrosion in it, if it blows out cold air at lets the blower hasn't gone, but it would pay to ask a auto sparky to check the operation of the switch and other components like the compressor and fan. i hope this helps...

35

Possibly a blockage which raises the gas pressure and cuts off the system. Get the pressures checked. Also you can check if any of the pipes are freezing up. This would indicate a blockage as well

120

Found the problem guys - after spending up to $600 at Mitsubishi and many visits to a/c people. Owners instruction says that if green light flashes green there is a compressor fault. Pity Mitsubishi shops do not read their own manuals. Anyway prob was single wire entering the compressor had a faulty connection (speed sensor found it guys -bad connection on wire into compressor (speed sensor?) Owners manual also says flashing green light is faulty compressor - amazing info - must read instructions in future. Pity Mitsubishi did not find after much cost - thanks for your help.

120

sorry for the double up in my reply - new windows 8 touch screen