front right wheel wobbles at speed

Asked by Apr 12, 2012 at 01:41 AM about the 1996 Mitsubishi Magna

front right wheel woobles at about 90 to 120 km and when applying brakes it shutters real bad ( brakes have been done ).Also this doesn't happen all the time but about 80% of the time........it's a 3.5 v6

10

I think your rotors need to be turned and or replaced. To me it sounds like one is out of round causing the shutters. New brake pads alone will not solve the problem. dorjbrun@gmail.com

12,035

Yes could be rotors, but if it doesn't do it all the time I would look at tie rod ends, ball joints and steering linkages. Also might want to look at wheel balance. If the vibration gets worse with speed you might have a two fold problem possibly wheel balance and linkage/s. Or linkages and rotors...etc....

Best Answer
5

I've had this type of problem before and my driveshaft was flogged out. Turn your wheels full lock right and grab the driveshaft and see if you can move it up/down and side to side.