Anyone out there any good with the electrical stuff on Ford vans? Drivers side window seems to have a mind of it's own (goes down even when not told to at times, then it takes an act of God (literally

Asked by Oct 06, 2015 at 12:27 PM about the 2003 Ford Windstar

Anyone out there any good with the electrical stuff on Ford vans? Drivers side
window seems to have a mind of it's own (goes down even when not told to at
times, then it takes an act of God (literally) to talk it into going back up again.
Is only way we got to get around, and I don't get paid until the 16th.

93,165

The drivers door master switch is a known failure part especially if it got wet, there is also a problem with the wiring from the door to the body so you might want to check that out also.

Best Answer
93,165

Once you get the windows up you may want to remove the windows CBs or relays if they are easier to get too until you can afford to have it checked out.

Have a call in to a friend that knows how to do this stuff (I know computers like he knows cars). So, hopefully he can figure it out. The CBs and relays take removing most of the door paneling and guts best I can tell,and I don't know enough to attempt it safely.

93,165

No they can be accessed through the power distribution box and the interior fuse box.

Opps. Even worse (for me). Thanks for the heads up.