1979 Lincoln Mark V

Asked by Nov 13, 2014 at 11:27 PM about the 1979 Lincoln Continental

My car has been sitting for 5 weeks and yesterday i went to start it. The car turns over
and the gas is getting to the engine. Last summer i did a complete tune up with a new
starter, solenoid, and plugs and wires. I also had the cap and rotor replaced. What could
be the issue?

94,965

Ignition modules on these old Ford products are always suspect especially if they are the blue grommet type, you can tell by looking at the module where the wires are attached, there will be a blue plastic collar around the wiring.

Hmm my module has yellow no blue

94,965

Unplug the ignition coil, put a test light between the 2 connectors and crank the engine, the light should flash, if it doesn't replace the ignition module, if it does then replace the ignition coil.

hello i changs everything there is to changs on my 79 lincoln mark v and still no spark do anybody know what else i can do or look at, anybody have any i deal thanks

94,965

Then start ohming out the wiring, if you have replaced the coil, module, distributor pickup coil and made sure the distributor turns when cranking then there must be open circuits somewhere in the ignition wiring.