What parts am I going to need to do a complete 2011 5.0 motor swap into my 67 lincoln continental?

Asked by May 01, 2013 at 11:47 AM about the 1967 Lincoln Continental

I want to do an auto transmission too

28,945

haha what a question.

264,285

Your telling me. Start researching would be my answer. We could tell you what parts, but it's way more involved than that. You will need more info for what we can type on this site. A lot of the work will be custom. If your near Las Vegas, go see "the Count".

28,945

Vegassss! I just got back from vegas, first time Ive been out there and it was awesome.

102,815

Park the donor car nearby so you can grab all the small stuff that is too much to mention.

8,985

My only question is WHY? You will give up a LOT of torque, and you will feel that off the line. Your 67 is a fairly heavy car, and that modern 5.0 does not have the low end torque to get you moving well at all. If you really want to wake up the old girl, concentrate on one of two things: Updating and upgrading the original engine, or go with a new SVT block 351 with all the Edelbrock Performer upgrades. You will have more torque, lower in the revs. Put a good, well built mechanical AOD behind it, and you will even get gas mileage out of her.