I have a 1963 lincoln continental and I need my transmission fixed. what will be the WORST TOTAL COST that I should worry about? I've heard to many different prices.

Asked by Jun 08, 2013 at 10:47 AM about the 1963 Lincoln Continental

Im very concerned about the price and details about how much it would cost to fix the
transmission on my lincoln.

210,055

Transmission work is not cheap, it is mostly labor. You are paying an experienced mechaninc who has had years of training. Depending on the condition, you can 1. Rebuild it, in the $1000-$2000 range. 2. Replace it, that will be $3000-$4000, or 3. you can find a used one , and have it installed. Cheaper, in the range of the rebuild but usually no warranty. Get a couple estimates from a few shops and decide which route you want to go. Personally, I would do the rebuild.

7,895

IF my sometimes faulty memory is correct, you have a 3 speed C-6 in that Lincoln. Here in Ontario, a worst case scenario for a rebuild will be somewhere around $1500, including labour for re and re. What is the transmission doing? The C-6 is normally almost bullet proof. They do not normally fail very often at all. Also, one other question: How much do you drive the car, and where? If you drive it quite a bit, especially on the highway, you have other options that will not cost much more but can give you very significant improvements in fuel economy and performance.

1,435

I repaired a c6 in a 1964 and it ran about $1500.....not cheap, but about average.

California Performance Transmission. Ask for Art. $1800 for my 64 but this guy is the best in OC. He is in Huntington Beach.