How to remove the Driver's Door Hinge on 1996 Jaguar XJS to replace worn Hinger Pin

Asked by Jun 09, 2015 at 06:26 PM about the 1996 Jaguar XJ-S

Driver's Door has "sag" from loose upper Hinge pin
How to easily remove Door to either Ream out the Pin and use larger Pin or replace upper Hinge with a working replacement

I could not buy a "used" Driver's Door Hinge in the USA that didn't need rebuilding (like the existing Hinge in my Driver's Door) for the excessive wear on the pin, plus even the worn Hinges were a lot of initial $. I went to the UK and bought a Passenger (Left) Door Hinge from a "right hand drive vehicle" where the condition was great and can be used "as-is" on my Left Hand Drive Driver's Door. My UK source for my XJS was Problem Solved