how to remove wires under drivers side so that i can repair top hinge and rebuild

Asked by Oct 27, 2016 at 05:33 PM about the 1990 Jaguar XJ-S

not able to move wires away from hole to access 3 bolts to remove hinge on
top

34,805

You will have to expose enough of the wire to find where it is fastened down. Once you free it up then it should move to the side so that you can access the bolts.

Best Answer
40

I have a 1996 Jaguar XJS with "Driver's Door Sag" and found that I could not access the Upper Hinge Fasteners without removing all of the Dashboard Mounting Bolts ( 4 if I remember correctly) and pulling the Dashboard some 4" to 5" outward. The wires are in a Quick Connect inside the Firewall below the Driver's side of the Dashboard. Time taken to remove the Driver's Door, Pull back Dashboard, install Upper Door Hinge (and also the Lower Hinge) and reinstall was about 5 hours with me working along with my mechanic. I bought both the Upper and Lower Hinges from "justxjs.com" in England. They were used, (but worked perfectly with no wear) but they were from the Passenger Door of a "RIGHT HAND DRIVE CAR" Jaguar XJS about the same Model Year. This makes them fit to my "LEFT HAND DRIVE" Driver's Door. This fellow at justxjs.com knows Jaguar XJS very well.

34,805

Xks Unlimited is also a good source for parts.