Looking for a windshield wiper switch for a 1974 Ranchero 500. 10 pin connector, 2 speed with push for washer.

50

Asked by Nov 28, 2015 at 08:48 PM about the 1974 Ford Ranchero

switch is for 2 peed motor with push for washer. has 10 round pins for
connector.

68,635

I believe the Ranchero and Torino were the same. Try looking for a Torino switch. You may have better luck. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer
25,175

Pretty much any 70's Ford/Mercury with the 2 speed wiper motor has that same switch. Try this forum guide for fixing the switch, in case it proves to hard to locate a replacement: http://forum.grantorinosport.org/2-speed-wiper-switch-temp-fix_topic13546_post137190.html?KW=wiper+switch#137190

50

Jim and Ken, I have looked at Torino and what I am finding there is a slide control. I have found several rotary switches but they have all had blade connectors and none of them have 10 connections. Thanks for the suggestions. Mark

68,635

There's one on eBay right now. Seller says it's for a '71 or '72 model. It's item number 181941460694. Here's a picture from the auction. HTH. -Jim

68,635

Another view. HTH. -Jim

50

Jim, that is close but the black plastic is not the same. Thanks for checking.

68,635

Darn!! I thought we had it!! Thank you for the best answer click. I looked up the switch at work (NAPA) and we only show the slider type as well. Does the switch have a Ford part number on it? It'll be a long series of letters and numbers separated in groups by dashes. I may be able to cross reference it in our cataloging tomorrow and get you a NAPA part number. HTH. -Jim

50

Yes it had a Ford logo and the part no: D20B 17A553-DA the photo shows the location but too blurry to read.

68,635

Ok good. I'll see what I can come up with. - Jim

50

Hey Jim, I have forgotten, do the wipers return to the store position when you turn them off or stop at the location they are at? The problem I am having is sometimes they will not stop when turned to the off position and they stop at the location they are at when you turn them off. I thought opening up the switch and cleaning with some tuner cleaner might help. Later

68,635

The wipers should "park" or return to the bottom of the windshield when you turn off the switch. No matter where the wipers are on the windshield they should always park. Unless, of course, you turn off the ignition. Then they'll stop wherever they are when the ignition is shut off. HTH. -Jim

68,635

Unfortunately that part number doesn't cross over to aNAPA number. Sorry about that. Good luck with this though. You might try carpart.com for a good used one. HTH. -Jim

50

Thanks for checking Jim.

68,635

You're welcome. I'm sorry I couldn't come up with anything. -Jim

20

I have the part you're looking for give me a call at 480-284-1706