wiper's

45

Asked by Jul 31, 2013 at 11:04 AM about the 1970 Ford Ranchero

Wiper comes on intermitenly. I turned off the switch but it still comes on. It seems to coenside with us having a starter problem. Coencidence or is there a connection?

293,245

Your going to have to check the wiring. There maybe be a loose connection.

45

Thanks. But it never happened b4. It just started after my starter stuck. Very strange because I don't think they are on the same circuit,but stranger things have happened.

test the voltages...perhaps the wiper motor is drawing too much current and needs to be replaced~...overheats and shuts down...I'd clean the battery 1/0 cable to the chassis...the cable and the chassis/fender or wherever it bolts to....good ground is paramount for proper function~

45

Thanks. I've come to the conclusion I may have a serious ground problem on this vehicle. While out driving the car last night, with my son,because it's his car, the headlights stopped working. I have marker lights, interior lights, dashlights, but no headlights. Man this is getting crazier by the minute.

make friends with a coarse wirebrush to remove all traces of corrosion from the 1/0 lug and place where it connects~