Tranny cooling line routing.

45

Asked by Jul 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM about the 1970 Ford Ranchero

My son removed the tranny cooling lines on his 70 ranchero,it has a cooler attached to the front of the radiator, and he asked me which line goes where. I'm not sure can I get some help on which line goes into the cooler to the radiator, help. I don't want to use my knowledge, I probably get it backwards. Thanks, Jack

24,255

It won't hurt anything if you do get ti backward. :)~ You can disconnect the coil and crank the engine to see which hose the fluid comes from. Generally, it goes into the radiator, out of the radiator, into the cooler out of the cooler back into the trans.