Looking for new or rebuilt carb

Asked by Aug 01, 2012 at 01:19 AM about the 1962 Ford Ranchero

Having problems identifing what carb is on my 1962 170ci Ranchero. The metal tag is missing and the only thing I can find on it is "OE". So I think it may be a Motorcraft 1100 or a Holley 1900. I am talking 1 barrel with manual choke.
Any help would be nice, thanks

2,175

If it runs, drive it to the local parts store and see what they have to replace it. I have worked on a lot of carb engines and when I have one that has no tag I just remove it and take it to the parts house and then get a rebuild kit or replacement, rebuilt or new, whichever the customer wants or the available stock.

Thanks for you help, guess I need to remove it and take it in.

5,975

Checkout Macs Antique Auto Parts They deal in old Ford Galaxies, Fairlanes, Falcons and Rancheros and should have the correct carb that you need. You can find their website here at http://macsautoparts.com/falcon-comet-carburetor-fuel-system/ ... I sincerely doubt the local parts store will have a carb for a 50 year old car. I know autozone only goes back to the late 1980's and Pepboys goes back to 1968. Neither one will even be able to look it up. Macs will have the know-how and get you the correct carb guaranteed.. Kenny/MrBlueOval

Looks loke u have an autolite 1100, looks just like mine , i have a 63ranchero with same carb.