Problems with changing a 170 w/2-speed with 200 w/3 speed

Asked by May 17, 2011 at 04:43 PM about the 1962 Ford Ranchero

1962 Ranchero, is this a direct switch or will i need new shift linkage and a shorter drive shaft?  If the linkage is a problem could I use an aftermarket floor shift?

you will need both.

Thanks, I currently have the 170 motor w/ 2 speed transmission that seem to be alright. Both engine and transmission have extremely bad oilm pans. It appears here locally I can by used 200 with 3 speed trans easily and I am having a very difficult time finding the oil pans I need. If you would happen to know someone that has the pans I would rather keep my original drive train. Thanks for the response.

you could always go with aluiminum oil pans.Ill look around and see what I can come up with.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

no problem.