No spark on Cylinders 2 and 3

Asked by Apr 07, 2010 at 09:07 AM about the 1994 Citroen XM

Lost spark on No. 2 and 3 cylinder last week. Have changed coil but this hasn't helped. Any ideas?

105

not familiar with citroen. is it a COP ignition system? if it is I would check and make sure the plugs arnt bad and if they arent then I would possibly starting looking at an electrical problem.

25

Check your plugs them selves. Also, check your connectors to the spark plug. Make sure that there is a spark for the plug to use.

There's no spark going to 3 and 4 plug so the problem is electrical and before the plug leads - so I thought it was the coil but that didn't rectify the problem so it must be before the coil and that's where I'm stuck. Rather than go through everything I thought someone out there might be able to pinpoint the problem or had the same problem themselves. Thanks for your help. Niall

Thanks guys for your suggestions. The good news is the car is back on the road. It was the ECU which has now been fixed but at a cost of Euro300!!!! Thanks again niall789