sell or junk?

20

Asked by Jul 26, 2013 at 05:12 PM about the 1978 Chevrolet Monza

Hi...I have two 1978 chevy monza sedans that we bought new.  One is stick and one
auto. The stick has over 100000 miles and the body has not aged well.  The auto only has
50000 orig miles and the body looks fantastic. Both were garaged most of their lives.  I
would like to see at least one restored rather than junked,  mostly for sentimental
reasons,  but efforts to find interested buyers have failed.  Do you know of any car clubs
for these that may have interested buyers looking to restore?   What do you feel is a fair
price? ?   I am in PA and any advice is appreciated.  Do you feel these are worth trying to
save?   Thanks

take them to a custom shop....invest a bit...and show a giant return~

111,015

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/gmhbody5/

OOOOH YES there is...the reason is a crate 350 will squeeze in that...after your custom shop gets finished.....you're NOT gonna want to sell them~

111,015

I agree with Judge. Would be a fun toy to have. But wife says I have to many in the yard already.

20

Thanks guys. Unfortunatly my dad has no funds to invest in them. He needs to sell them but wants them to go to a good home, not a junkyard. I will try the car club link you provided. Your advice is appreciated.

I'm thinking Counting Cars would snap 'em up if in the Las Vegas area~

20

I thought about them too. But we are in PA. I called some similar type businesses in this area but no luck. They seem to only want big old muscle cars around here.

It's like the ultimate sleeper...crate 350's start around 1400.00 delivered~ will check~

111,015

My wife sure is glad that you are not down south. If you was I would probably have me two new toys. Lol. Judge you are only making it worse. I could surely drive these mustang boys around here crazy if I built one of those Monza's with a 350 in it. Damn now I am tempting myself.

from wiki~ Engine 140 cu in (2.3 L) I4 151 cu in (2.5 L) I4 196 cu in (3.2 L) V6 231 cu in (3.8 L) V6 262 cu in (4.3 L) V8 305 cu in (5.0 L) V8 350 cu in (5.7 L) V8 Transmission 3-speed manual 4-speed manual 5-speed manual 3-speed automatic

HOT STUFF~!

bet a 400 impala engine would bolt right in too~

Counting Cars is on Facebook and have been notified~

111,015

You not helping me get these out of my mind! Lol

you will need a TEAM of GUYS (or gals) about 15,000 ea. and that's just for the basics...there's upholstery...depending on your level of customization with hydraulics and little dingle balls and tinted windows - or- just want to make them as factory new as possible (seeing as neither wrecked) you could price out a new interior brought back to 1979 color selections etc...a guy could go crazy with this Mr%$!~ing~

the thing is capable of putting an impala 400 engine in that....KEE-rayzy sleeper....cannot tell from the outside...all jazzed up and stuff would NOT be a true sleeper~

111,015

Make look all original from outside but put a BEAST under the hood. Quite exhaust but with electric valve turn outs on exhaust right at end of headers to wake up all the neighbors if I so choose to be an a$$ one morning.

Now who's startin' to dream?~

111,015

You started me to thinking. But now back to the real world. Would be a fun build tho. Drive safe.

Is yiur Monza cars 2+2 version if so I would like to have them southernman_2@hotmail.com

Hi do you still have the Monza's, I am in Australia and looking for one to ship here, I would be interested in the auto one is it a V8?If you have any pics please send to simon.lillington@yahoo.com

been looking for one in good shape for a while to fix up and run. if your interested in selling one or both of them for a reasonable price I'm willing to look at them so please call. I live in wv. thanks dan. 240-321-2088