Radio for 1969 Falcon Futura

Asked by May 28, 2013 at 01:51 AM about the 1969 Ford Falcon

I have a 1969 Falcon Futura and I'm looking to put a new radio in it. The radio that it currently has is not stock, so I've never seen the original radio. Thankfully the dash was not cut to fit the current radio. I know that there are options for "vintage look" radios with cd changers and ipod connections, etc. I'd like to find something that has the right look for a '69 with a black dash. Does anyone have any recommendations as far as appearance and quality and ease of installation, etc.?

measure the opening typically 8 1/2 x 2 7/8 or so X 10" deep or so if a "double decker" unit those will take some cutting~ Really do reminisce the old tube AM radios with pushbutton selectors...recommend you put it back to original...resale value will be retained~

can help you with your search for a correct replacement...FM/AM may be out there or perhaps a factory 8-track unit as well~