1964 Ford Falcon

Asked by Nov 07, 2012 at 10:43 AM about the 1964 Ford Falcon

Probably a dumb question but I'll ask anyways.  There is a knob next to the choke with the letter "A" on it.  
What the hell is it for?

There are no dumb questions charlotte. Air maybe? Push/pull it and see what happens, you won't hurt anything. Meantime I will see if I can find an image of the Falcon dash.

235

Air vent. It brings in fresh air threw the kick panels.

785

As Gerry said it is an under dash air vent attached to the cowl on the left side only, you pull the "A" labled knob which pulls a cable that opens the vent. the heaterbox has a door you open on the right handside.

30

Accelerator - I had a Falcon for a while, what you (w)could do is increase the speed of the throttel while the car warmed up in the winter. I had a 2 dr. coupe it was a nice little car.