want to swap a Ford AOD in place of my C4 in my 1964 Falcon. Has anyone made this swap< any tips would be appreciated

Asked by Feb 07, 2012 at 10:27 AM about the 1964 Ford Falcon

I have a 1964 Falcon hard top that is modified for the street ( 302, C4 auto, disk brakes, 8 inch ford rear etc.) I am building an AOD to install in the car. Has anyone done this swap? Can't find much information on it, there's all kinds of parts and info on the Mustang swap of the same vintage. Any info would be appreciated.

105

I have done this exact swap in my 64 Falcon. Swapped a 302 v8 in place of my inline 6 and then put in an AOD behind it. 8.8 in rearend with a shortened CVic aluminum driveshaft. The AOD will fit with little or no problems at all-it is the same size as a C6. I had to dimple a couple of areas in my trans tunnel for the AOD, but otherwise fit perfectly. Make sure you cut out the existing trans support, and either make or buy a new one to support it. Are you a member of the TFFN forum? If not, join for free and they have an enormous thread on this swap. Check it out: www.tffn.net

Thanks Mike for the info. Sorry haven't looked at the site for a while, been working on the AOD (put in a Lentech valve body conversion) took a while to get it. Looks like the crossmember will have to come out from all the info ive got. I'm sure i"ll have some fun! thanks again