I have a 1963 Ranchero and I want to convert it from manual steering car to pwr. steering using the parts out of a 1965 Comet. Both cars are V8's. iIs ther a difference in length of the steering shaft

Asked by Aug 31, 2015 at 03:28 PM about the 1963 Ford Falcon

http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/falcon-pages/572250-need-help-steering-column.html

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94728834@N08/sets/72157657179037555/

That one above is interesting... still looking if it will interchange with Ranchero

Ok both steering columns are the same if they are both "3 on the tree" ...but it's not an easy project. There is a lot that changes from regular to power steering. You gotta mount a pump, change the entire front end from the Comet, the tie-rods are different, and more. I'm not trying to talk you out of tackling this if you are bound and determined, but there is much much more than length of steering column

Your right there's Alot you have to change. The steering box sector shaft is 1" in the power steering car the 63 manual car is 1- 1/8". So you have to change all the linkage from the 65 power steering car to the 63. I just wondered if there was a difference in length of the steering shaft. The 63 is 3 on the tree but I'm not sure about the 65.