will bucket seats from a 62 ford falcon fit in a 63??

30

Asked by Aug 12, 2012 at 07:19 PM about the 1963 Ford Falcon

246,565

It should, the redesign happened in the 1964 model.

Best Answer
30

Thanks for the info - going to convert my bench seat to buckets - finally found some seats but they are from a 62 - hoping they will fit! Will probably return with more questions! Just got my car and am learning, learning, learning! Thanks again Tom.

Make sure,you get the inside-rear spacers,or they will sit crooked.. one,per side..

I owned a '63 and my guess would be they are the same seat. Even though the re-designed the car in '64 I do not think they changed the seats. In '65 I think the only model with buckets was the Sprint. I am not certain but I have been looking for '65 parts recently. So that is my story ....

100

Bucket seats in Falcons were introduced in 1962, then redesigned in 63. The redesigned seats were used in 63 hardtops but 63 convertible buckets look very close to (if not the same as) the earlier designed 1962 seats.

8,595

the Falcon/Comet floor pan introduced for 1960 was carried through with next to no variation right through the end of the compact Falcon, when the Maverick was introduced. Falcon Sprint/Sport Coupe/Comet S55/Fairlane Sport Coupe/Mustang seats from any of these years should interchange between all of them. Just make sure you have the correct spacers as the mounts did have some variables. Also, when adding buckets, you may well have to add the floor reinforcements for the inboard tracks on the buckets. They may not be there since the bench seat had tracks at the outboard ends only.