battery

10

Asked by May 30, 2012 at 08:28 PM about the 1963 Ford Falcon

A  few days ago i disconnect my car battery . when i hook it back up it was dead . does need to be recharge or there is a problem  ( i replace the solonoid )

247,155

What is the voltage on the battery?

10

12 voltage

6,685

Check the domelight door switches. These go bad on older cars(especially older Fords), and also especially ones that sit for long periods of time. They corrode and/or stick and act as if the door was open and the domelight is on. In the daylight, you cannot always see that the light is on. A domelight will kill a battery very quick and it's the most common cause of dead batteries. Do any of the connections on the battery spark when you hook it up? If so, then there is a draw on the electrical system(something is on all the time like a dome light or trunk light) If no sparking then the battery is no good and will not hold a charge anymore. Take it to Autozone, they will check it for free and tell you if it's OK or not. Kenny.

If you dis connected it,and it was dead,when you hooked it back up---You dont have an electrical problem--You have,a Bad Battery..simple,as that...