61 Falcon problems starting

Asked by Sep 16, 2015 at 11:30 AM about the 1961 Ford Falcon

I have replaced the battery,selonoid, starter generator, and wiring to all 3. When
I try to start it onlymakes one click, any suggestions to what to do next? By the
way headlights work.

111,735

Sounds like the neutral safety switch..

111,735

Here is the repair manual for your car, copy and paste....http://falconfaq.dyndns.org/display1.php?Path=Falcon_Shop_Manual_60-62&db=Falcon&table=FSM_6062&Page=11-009

180

Starter solenoid, or neutral safety switch is the problem. I would bet on the solenoid.

1,455

check your eng ground also

My falcon sometimes don't wont to start and I hit the gear shift up with my hand and it starts right up. Maybe the car is not sensing it's in park sometimes I think