HOW DO I GET THE MANUAL CHOKE KNOB OFF OF A 1960 FORD FALCON?

Asked by Sep 12, 2013 at 01:39 PM about the 1960 Ford Falcon

83,245

A lot of the Falcon's had a small set screw at the base of the knob's underside, loosen set screw and unscrew the knob, others had a small notch in the same place you use an small awl and slide up the shaft into the notch to release the clip and slide the knob off. HTH

305

If its original, you don't, the choke knob is part of the cable, its one of the only ones that isn't removable. If you are wanting to replace the knob, you can get a replacement knob with a set screw from any of the suppliers, but you will have to break your old one off. Use vice Grips of Channel Locks and Crush it. It will fall to pieces

falconman13 is correct. The original knob does not have a set screw but will break apart if crushed with vise grips. I replaced my choke knob with one that has a set screw and two years later it has not come loose.