How can I disconnect the alarm system in my car?

5

Asked by May 06, 2013 at 01:10 PM about the 1987 Buick Grand National

The alarm system went off in my car the other day.  I can't get it to turn off.  We even followed what the directions said.  but nothing works.  We have to disconnect the battery so that it doesn't go off.

100,675

Check in with other owners on a GN forum. CarGuru's is reluctant to give advice about defeating alarm systems.

100,675

Try this to reset it: 1- Doors closed system armed or un-armed: lamp off. 2- Doors open system un-armed: lamp flashing. 3- With door open press PDL switch to LOCK doors and arm system: lamp goes from flashing to on steady. 4- With door open press PDL switch to UNLOCK doors and dis-arm system: lamp goes from on steady to flashing. 5- Do step 3 again, to arm system then close doors. System will activate and lamp will go out in 2 seconds. 6- Key unlock from outside dis-arms system. Otherwise lights flash and horn blows if entry is gained by other means: jimmybar, or popping lock cyls on doors or trunk.