my buick grand national blows blue smoke after you coast for awhile and then get on the throttle again but it goes away after a big puff and then is fine sometimes at idle it will puff blue smoke.

Asked by Jun 01, 2012 at 08:38 AM about the 1987 Buick Grand National

25

Hello, use google to determine your problem and solution. Type in my car has blue smoke and it will explain why you get blue smoke. Good Luck, DaCobraman Broward Auto Mall www.bam427.com

12,735

You might have either, worn piston rings, worn valve seals or PCV issues. I would do a compression check on your engine. This will tell you much about the condition of the internals of the engine. Look for compression evenness more than a specific number. PCV valves are inexpensive and easily changed.

Sounds like your turbo,,since it emits blue smoke AFTER coasting..Have your seals checked...