need a buick gn turbo guy

Asked by Jun 27, 2010 at 08:46 PM about the 1985 Buick Grand National

hello my name is paul i live in chicago

last july i bought a 85 gn  with 68 000   miles.
it had a knock so i pulled the engine sent it out for rebuild at speed service  ...
6 months later the engine was ready for assemble when the shop owners friend  blew a head gasket on his modified 86 , a 11 second car....   he did not want to re install the v6 and speed service offer to sell the engine to me for 2500 dollars plus a rebuild, 5000 total for the complete engine,turbo ,blow off, intercooler, and boost controll  ..  infact he gave me the assembeld fineshed with power steering,ac, alternator everything all new or near new.
     now  my headache   85 hot air to 86 front turbo,,,,,,, the electrical wires do not reach, the power stearing line and power master brakes, i added a reservoir . and exhaust needs cut to shorten to fit i had a stainles 3 inch so did he but flange location was 4 inch long.  local fix no problem  but    i need a complete wire harnes and instalation?? how much is a ball park question   ???  problem i can not locate any one in chicago who is smart enough to work on this car most people look at me like i am from mars when i tell them i have this problem   infact i believe most them have never seen a gn or know what i am talking about...   my engine has kenny bell intake and precision tune turbo , inter cooler, and two blow off valves both very large. one is for boost controller its in the cross over pipe and blows on the floor like a jet sound. turbo was said to make 25 lbs boost with 60 lb injectors....    so i am sick because i cant find any help with this car,  at least not in the chicago area... how  long of a drive is it to where you are.. i have a dodge ram i could rent a trailor. if its not more then a day trip.. your shop might be my summer vacation .. to get this done...
                   bottom line what i need is     1 complete wire harness.      plus  installed .
                                                                       2 boost controller .                    plus install
                                                                        3  cut 4inch of exhaust and weld.
                                                                        4  power steering line cut and unoin flair.
                                                                       5   there is a threaded opening in exhaust for some sort of fuel mix guage   not related to computer sensor . ?? plug it or guage it .???
                                  if you can ball park the estimet like 1000 to 2000 or 1500 to 2500. please  or closer please let me know.  i understand u can not see it ..   just remember i am a poor guy thats why i bought a fixer upper..
                           and of coarse this also depends on how far away you are from me i will google ur town next ..
          oh ya  maybe you know someone in or near chicago who can help..      
                SORRY FOR THE LONG LETTER....     PAUL   ..

6,425

might it be possible to make your own wire harness extension? that works provided your existing wires are OK. just use the same color wires and find connectors at the wreckin yard? make sure the wires do not short. high energy lines must be isolated really well (i learned that lesson on my 86 3.8 ignition module). if u have a good repair manual and find the diagrams of all wires it should help. just take your time to find out what all the wires do. ...the threaded openning in the exhaust hmm.. that usually is for the O2 sensor. before the catalytic converter. good luck

300

Get on www.turbobuick.com for all the advice you need, great guys there.

205

I think those "Painless" wiring guys can custom fab anything/all of what you need. You sound like you got a pretty good handle on the details, so they could probably build you what you need.