if the coed read 34 and you un plug the orange plug to reset it wouldnt the code come back up right away if it was maf

25

Asked by Jun 01, 2013 at 09:55 AM about the 1984 Buick Grand National

not sure what "the orange plug" is, but would not disconnecting it throw up a check engine light? You could go to a pickNpull and grab yourself a replacement MAF sensor...that would not be too much money...or bite the bullet and buy a new one~ these things are sensitive devices measuring very small amounts of various hydrocarbons~very touchy...and cannot be cleaned~

25

the orange wire was the to the battery to reset the computer and when you start the car wouldn't the check ignition light come on right away to show the maf was bad.would exhaust leak bring up the maf code

these things cannot be serviced, but must be replaced----shnitzel---only thirty bucks~

ooof, that was just the pigtail, the thing is a barrel shaped goodie, and sakes... a lot more money (because of platinum needed here)--

27,165

Here we go...So much for my advice @ Judge. Guess you'll be our new Buick Expert and Master Guru (since we lost that Illregal dude to that scandalous controversy..LOL!)

105,355

Normally yes but sometimes it takes a change in air flow to trigger codes on the old system. As far as an exhaust leak turning on the MAF code would be if exhaust gas was getting into the air intake system before the MAF sensor. I have seem an exhaust leak set an O2 code though.

105,355

He didn't mention where the exhaust was or how bad so just try to cover the bases with the knowledge I have and what I've seen.

263,985

You guys are talk about MAF's and Exhaust and Code 34 on a GM vehicle is a MAP sensor issue, MANIFOLD ABSOLUTE PRESSURE (MAP) SENSOR (VOLTAGE LOW-HIGH VACUUM). Also the code would not come back right away till you started and stopped a couple times till the sensor tripped again, lighting the CEL. The code will still be stored in memory though.

granted Tom, I don't know what in the hell I'm doing here, started as more of a personal favor to Hutchison, but he's jumped ship...tried to quit (as you've seen with the operator_13)...but keep getting pulled back in by the likes of Henry (bless his heart) and DavidH25 (best wishes coping with his wife) and now am just plumb lazy and uninspired...so not that anyone's holding my face to the grindstone...is just a pass time~...sorry for my lack of adept understanding of these basic smog components...the US Defense Department had a video showing how a power steering system works and lordy did they make it seem so complicated....it's a matter of perspective~

@Racer_X, I've got a bolar/derby like the hair guy has on...my wife gave me that for X-mas...cannot wear that...just look silly.~

27,165

If Cousin It from The Addam's Family can rock that derby with an entire body covered with hair and look stylish, so can you @ Judge...Try it with a nice suit with no tie, maybe?...LOL!