On my raider I noticed that the rear backing plates for the rear brakes are rusted and I can find any place that can get new ones is there anyway I can use backing plates from a Dakota or a full size


Asked by Sep 10, 2013 at 08:12 PM about the 1989 Dodge Raider

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

6 Answers


Did you try Mitsubishi?


I looked into ones for the montero but every place and website I look into dont have them or they are a discontinued item


Have you tried to get some through a auto salvage yard?


To extend this question, are they just rusted or are they rusted through? If there just rusted, you should be able to clean the rust off them and paint them.


How about repairing them with POR 15


They are completely rusted through but I'll check salvage yards

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

  • new discussion 1 answer

    this is kinda cool. gots my self a 87 dodge raider with a 2.6L 5 speed std and i love it, the only promble is that my piston rings are going which is not cool at all. but it still run like a dream, go...

    1987 Dodge Raider


    Car Customization

  • binding 4x4 dakota 5 answers

    My Dakota binds in 4x4 and I have put new half shafts and checked all the fluids, Transfer, and axle. Is this a transfer case problem or a differencial problem?

    2001 Dodge Dakota 4 Dr SLT 4WD Crew Cab SB


    Maintenance & Repair

  • 2000 Dodge Dakota front left single light not flashing when turn signal is on. 8 answers

    When i turn my left single light on the light flashes fast telling me theres an issue with the left turn signal. the left rear flashes but the left front does not. There are three bulbs in the front...

    2000 Dodge Dakota Club Cab


    Maintenance & Repair

  • Strut plate to tire clearance. 1 answer

    Why,is the lf. Strut spring plate Rubbing top of tire?

    1997 Dodge Intrepid 4 Dr STD Sedan


    Maintenance & Repair

  • My 06 Dakota has a new front drive shaft. Now I have to stop and put it in reverse to disengage 4WD. Anybody else have this ? 1 answer

    I just replaced a broken front drive shaft on the 06 Dakota. The replacement won't disengage unless I stop and put the tranny in reverse. Never had to do this before with any of my 3 Dakotas. Is thi...

    2006 Dodge Dakota


    Maintenance & Repair


Looking for a Used Raider in your area?

CarGurus has thousands of nationwide listings and the tools to find you a great deal.


Search Dodge Raider Questions

UK Questions

Are you a UK consumer? CarGurus now has a discussion forum in the UK.

Dodge Raider Experts

#1 Matt Thibault
Matt Thibault
Reputation 130
Reputation 50
#2 raidin4fun
Reputation 50
View All