How hard is it to change the 3.0 V6 with the 2.5 diesel

Asked by Dec 02, 2010 at 05:01 PM about the 1989 Dodge Raider

20

It's a lot of work -- plus clean gas tank or change it \ motor mounts and adaptations, your better off going to a 2.6L Mitsubishi -- need someone who knows what he;s doing and with IDEAS. good LUCK

20

Yo tengo un 1988 4 x 4 Dodge Ram Raider en venta Buenas condiciones \ 2.6L Mitsubishi joey bajakm38

20

You might want to go to a V6 GM motor there's people out there who have done it \ and there on the internet joeybajak38

20

yeah with the v6 your better of going local (ie a V6 diesel) the 2.5l diesel drops into the 2.6 quite nicely (still quite a bit of work but pretty straight forward)

20

Question ?? Carburator !!! Will my 87 2.6L Raider have better performance if I change it to a Weber Carb or just run better--- better sounds good -- less problems A new stock one - cost about or so $300.00 It's a nice little jeep -- the power not to hot -- but I've notice a few people complain alot abourt the carburator -- if I could solve that problem -- I'll keep it -- A LOT OF MONEY INVESTED pepelepew