how to remove transmission fluid pan

Asked by Jun 13, 2014 at 01:14 PM about the 1988 Dodge Raider

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

My 88 2.6 Raider 4x4 automatic transmission is leaking fluid.How do I remove pan?
Transmission was working fine,but had to add a few quarts now and then..NOW it just pours out on the ground..I think the pan is rusted and want to replace it..

2 Answers


If the pan is truly leaking, you should have a few bolts holding it on. Purchase a new gasket and reinstall. Ask the parts counter if you can purchase a trans filter and replace if you can. Fill with the correct fluid for your vehicle. Make sure you support the vehicle properly and safety before performing any work under the truck.

2 of 2 people found this helpful.

Thanks Tom, Looks like the cross member is in the way so guess I have to remove that so I can see where the leak is coming from. Fluid is running out as soon as I put it in.The part of pan I can see donèt seem to be rusted so hope itès only a gasket ..Do I have to remove crossmember to remove pan...

Your Answer

Dodge Raider Experts

  • #1
    Matt Thibault
  • #2
  • #2
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Mitsubishi Montero
113 listings starting at $2,950
Used Jeep Wrangler
457 Great Deals out of 20,103 listings starting at $3,000
Used Chevrolet Monte Carlo
9 Great Deals out of 1,236 listings starting at $1,488
Used Dodge Dakota
108 Great Deals out of 3,581 listings starting at $1,200
Used Pontiac Grand Am
1,037 listings
Used Honda Civic
773 Great Deals out of 67,971 listings starting at $999

Used Cars For Sale

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.