how to remove transmission fluid pan

Asked by Jun 13, 2014 at 01:14 PM about the 1988 Dodge Raider

Hi,
My 88 2.6 Raider 4x4 automatic transmission is leaking fluid.How do I remove pan?
Transmission was working fine,but had to add a few quarts now and then..NOW it just pours out on the ground..I think the pan is rusted and want to replace it..

261,955

If the pan is truly leaking, you should have a few bolts holding it on. Purchase a new gasket and reinstall. Ask the parts counter if you can purchase a trans filter and replace if you can. Fill with the correct fluid for your vehicle. Make sure you support the vehicle properly and safety before performing any work under the truck.

Thanks Tom, Looks like the cross member is in the way so guess I have to remove that so I can see where the leak is coming from. Fluid is running out as soon as I put it in.The part of pan I can see donèt seem to be rusted so hope itès only a gasket ..Do I have to remove crossmember to remove pan...