I am thinking about up grading motors in one of my Raiders to a six cylinder. Will this motor simply line up for the existing tranny or will it need changed also?

10

Asked by Aug 10, 2013 at 01:04 PM about the 1988 Dodge Raider

I have three Raiders, two auto and one standard trans.  If I change to a 6 cxyl as listed on PARTSHOTLINE is simply the pullinf of the 4 cyl and dropping in a six or are there other problems

1,805

I think the transmission bell housing bolt pattern is different between the two engines, however the bell housing on the V6 manual transmission (V5MT1) can be unbolted from the gear box. There is a chance that you may be able to bolt it up to the 4 cylinder gear box if you can find the V6 bell housing, otherwise you'll need a transmission for a V6.