Hi Johann corsa start but does not rev up

Asked by Apr 30, 2018 at 02:44 AM about the 2006 Opel Corsa

Hi I have a Corsa 1.4 Lite . I took the car for a service to replace the cambelt and Idle valve. The car start but does not want to rev up at times . If You start the car and  open the throttle it stays in idle mode and after a while dies. If it does rev up it starts out slow up to 3000rpms and the peaks. I was told that I have to replace the rectifier and stator on the altenator as it is faulty( Battery Centre )
Could this be the cause or do I have bigger issues . Before the service it was driving fine but would cut out for no reason from time to time . If that happened I wold switch off the car lock and unlock it via remote and bobs your uncle.

Hi. Did you ever get this problem solved? I have the same issue. Just can't seem to find out what it is. Would really like to know. Thanks in advance

Hi, yes the cam timing was out by three teeth. That solved the slow revs. Still died from time to time and weak power. Replaced the Injectors and everything back to normal.

Thanks. Will have a look and give a try