Lack of power on acceleration

370

Asked by Jul 19, 2011 at 02:55 PM about the 2006 Opel Corsa

1400 Corsa Utility 170000 kilos lacks power at take off. Cam, Ignition Timing, Checked. OK. Fuel and  Air Filters Renewed. Can get to 140ks/ hr but takes a while. No Catalitic Converter fitted. Any Ideas as to the problem appreciated by Errol In South Africa.

370

Found the problem myself. Thought you guys would like to know. Crankshaft Cam belt drive sprocket moved on keyway. Check the photo.

260

What does that mean when you say crankshaft cam belt drive moved to keyway. Is it the cause of lack of power?

260

My corsa 1400 utility is at 178000 kms and it doesn't have power most especially on first gear cant climb the hill from first gear its frustrating. Cam belt checked, replaced spark plugs

Few things to check.. put your car on 1st gear and pull up your hand brake let go of the clutch slowly, if it strongly wants to pull off then its not the clutch but if you let go completly and it doesnt move then its the clutch.. Other thing to check is your crank pully and the timing belt sprocket.. check if you timing belt sprocket is tightly fitted on the crack shaft lock key-way if yes then check the crankshaft pully lock key way if its not damaged, if it is the pully will shift out of position and your crank shaft position senso will get wrong readings.. 3rdly, check your plugs, coil, plug leads, fuel filter and fuel pump.. if all that is good then do compression test and check you cam- shaft lobes maybe they worn out and the valves are not opening for enough intake