MY OPEL CORSA 1.6IS HEAVY ON FUEL AND POOOOOOR ACCELERATION

190

Asked by Jul 02, 2014 at 08:56 AM about the 2002 Opel Corsa

hi guys, i hope someone can help me with my problem. i have a 2002 opel corsa 1.6is, i have done ALOT on it.BUT, the car is heavy on fuel and has ALMOST no acceleration, its like its nose is blocked, or as we is south africa say, its "HEART" is weak. i have changed all belts, tentioners, most pulleys. crank gear, crank pully, new pistons, new rings, new biggendz, ALOT more, new coil. all sorts of tests, all come back on speck... please help???! thanks in advance. me email: lorenzovdh@gmail.com

190

also, i have done a dyagnostic too. the computer kicked out that the crank timing or something is fualty, so i had the crank gear replaced. new pulley and tensioner too as mentioned. the sensor doesnt seem to be fualty, as i cleanded it, dont know if i should replace it as i dont see how it can become fualty... thanks agian.

80

hi i have a 2001 corsa b gsi 1.6i and im getting 9kms to a litre mixed driving... so im also scratching my head as ive serviced the car and replaced the cts as it was throwing out a cts code.

150

I also have the same car Opel Corsa 1.6is, the engine light is always on and sometimes it goes off. When it is on, the idle is going so high and the horse power become so low. I have changed all the sensors but still the same, I also serviced it but still the same. Can someone help me please

190

hi Hazi, my car is now at a autolek, if anything pops up, i will let you know. cool.

80

hazi i think u might have carbon buildup ... but the idling is due to a sensor best you do diagnostics

150

And what might be the cause for the engine light and where can I get help? Please!

80

the engine light is telling you that something is not in order u need to go to a workshop that has a diagnostic machine n they need to plug it into ur computer box and it will then give you ur fault ... replace that item and ask them to clear the codes .... if your engine light is still on then perhaps its something mechanical and not electrical

the enige light can be taken away when you disconect the battery. leave it for 10mins and put it back on. drive for about 3km/s then the light will go away. first ahnd experince

190

sold this car long time ago, couldnt find the fault and drew the line R25+K expenses. this is a sour topic for me now... hahaha