corsa b 14 14 ne dupec ecu hunting when warm ecu shows no fault code while warming up ok

20

Asked by Nov 09, 2013 at 06:23 AM about the 2002 Opel Corsa

60,935

Sounds like a bad IAC (Idle Air Control) valve. HTH. - Jim

20

tried new i a v as soon as fault appeared no differance i suspect a shorted suppressor i n 1 ht lead as voltage dips when idle cuts and overfuels ie revs high then idles again thanks

60,935

ok, check the charging system. When the alternator on my '93 Chevy Caprice was dying in caused the idle to be unsteady. It didn't exactly "hunt" but there was fluctuations. When voltage would increase idle would go up. When voltage would decrease idle would go down. HTH. -Jim

20

thanks ht leads ok alternator ok rebuilt 3 months ago its strarting to look like the ecu unfortunatly cannot work it out perhaps i was unlucky to test icv with another faulty one

20

thanks for the tips replaced icv and still a problem launch testig revealed nothing going to have ecu checked thanks again

60,935

You're welcome. Sorry it's not fixed. Please let us know what it turns out to be. I'll be curious to find out. Thanks -Jim

40

I have a very similar problem on a 2001 Corsa. The car gives normal readings without any fault codes, until it warms up. Then it stops sending any information as if the ECU is completely shut off (ie it instructs to turn on the ignition, because its not receiving any signal). At this point the car is still running but it starts to hunt for idling. Has anyone found a resolution to this issue? Apparently the ECU on these models are known for going faulty after a while.

Best Answer
20

i am having exact problem as you ecu readings go wonky when warmed up i going to replace throttle position sensor as when i heat it up the restanace level goes up this could be causing idle problem lets hope otherxwise its ecu repair