opel corsa gsi cutting

Asked by Jun 20, 2016 at 09:01 AM about the 2001 Opel Corsa

i have a opel corsa 1.6 gsi cutting when driving slow and swallows petrol too fast. i have replaced the plugs cables, it stopped a little bit nd started again. where do i start to fix the problem

Start with, having it read for codes, even if the check engine light is NOT on the computer will have stored information and codes. Discount auto stores will read codes for no fee. write them down.

If the scanning helps nothing like it. But I feel get the entire petrol pump and petrol line along with the injectors checked. Also try to drive the car with a full tank of gas. Drive about a 100 kms ( miles ) and refill the tank. Do this three times minimum and try the same course if possible. If you get about the same average then the problem might be with fuel system. Also I have noticed with my opel corsa 1.6 swing is that if the petrol tank gets to 1/4th the average drops drastically as the pump pulls in more fuel. Hope it helps. All the best.