Opel Corsa 1.3 1998 oil light flashes when it gets to normal running temperature.

Asked by Sep 17, 2014 at 06:34 AM about the 1998 Opel Corsa

We have a Opel Corsa 1998 1.3 the oil light flashes when we get it to normal running temperature has new oil pump any ideas what it can be?

31,295

Oil pressure sending unit. It should have been replaced along with the oil pump.

What is a sending unit please explain?

31,295

It detects the pressure of the oil pump and sends that information to the light on the dashboard. If the oil pressure is low the light comes on. If the oil pressure sending unit is not working properly the light will also come on because it is sending a false reading.

Okay great thanks for he help i really appreciate it thanks again.