Small Car Fuel Consumption High

Asked by Oct 16, 2015 at 12:46 AM about the 1996 Opel Corsa

I have an OpelCorsa1300Lite1996, fuel injected car. Her fuel consumption should be around 14KM/L but its more around 8KM/L. I have checked pipes, etc and replaced leaky ones, but the consumption is still high. Its almost like the auto-choke is permanently on, but where does it sit? These small fuel injected cars are a nightmare.

22,915

Ah, welcome to the 21st Century- you will need a good mechanic- one who doesn't just guess- and has the code reader and the tools and the experience and the family to support- silly rabbit- people don't work on their own cars anymore!

I was hoping it would be a simple thing like a stuck choke (due to the rich smell even when at operating temp). I will take it to a mech, but only if I cant have a look myself :) . I'm very much a DIY kinda guy :)

30

Check the choke censor under coil pack

30

Its a small censor chek under the coil pack to see it

30

Must be replaced white a new one